The morning session covered:
- playing the chromatic scale
- preference of the fretted bass to teach and practice
- playing Funky Broadway
Jaco played guitar while
(then a student) played bass.
Jaco criticized musicians that overplay. He discussed the role of the bass player. "Keep music simple, specially on small group".
- playing So What
"This is good for your third finger".
The afternoon session covered:
- students performed for Jaco
- right hand should be relaxed
- right hand position sitting down vs. standing up
- playing closer to the bridge vs. fingerboard
- muting other strings when playing melodies
"Don't play everything you got in the beginning of your improvisation".
- slurs on fretless
- reading music and practicing
- playing the Days of Wine and Roses
Day 2 Recordings